Members of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) (AFP)
Clashes have erupted between the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) and Daesh in the northern city of Manbij after the terrorists ignore an ultimatum to leave.
Daesh has "not responded" to the SDF’s offer to leave and have instead attacked positions held by our forces, said an SDF commander on Saturday.       
"The 48-hour period is over, and there will be no more opportunities like this one for Daesh," added the commander, while vowing to "intensify our attacks on their remaining positions."

According the so-called Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, SDF forces are currently advancing inside the city, while a field commander said that the main fighting is "near the security quarter in the center of the town."
Since May 31, the SDF has been fighting Daesh in Manbij with the support of airstrikes from the US-led coalition allegedly battling the extremists.
However, the aerial assaults have claimed the lives of dozens of civilians around Manbij in recent days, prompting the so-called Syrian National Coalition opposition group to call for a suspension of the coalition air raids.
The Manbij Military Council, allied to SDF, announced the ultimatum on Thursday in an effort to “protect civilian lives.”
SDF troops prepare a rocket-launcher as they advance towards Daesh held positions in Manbij, in northern Syria, on June 23, 2016. (AFP)
At the time, an unnamed SDF commander said that tribal leaders in Manbij had proposed a 48-hour ultimatum last week, but the measure was put into force on Thursday after Daesh “used residents as human shields” and media pressure to protect civilians trapped in the city.
Meanwhile, over a dozen civilians were killed or injured after US warplanes launch fresh airstrikes in the al-Nawajah village east of Manbij.
The fresh attack comes shortly after at least 140 civilians were killed in French and US airstrikes in Manbij on Tuesday and Wednesday.