Two bombs have exploded in Hua Hin, Thailand. Photo / Facebook/Oraya Sirirueang
A new wave of bomb attacks has killed at least one person in southern Thailand, according to reports.
Reports indicate there were two bomb blasts, one on Surat Thani and another on popular tourist destination Phuket.
The first bomb exploded outside a marine police station in Surat Thani's Mueang district, killing one person and injuring several others, a local governor has told AFP.
The second bomb reportedly went off at a police box on the main beach road in Patong, Phuket.
The latest blasts come after twin bombs rocked the Thai seaside resort of Hua Hin, killing one woman and wounding about 19 people, including tourists.

The first bomb went off about 10pm Thursday (3am Friday NZST), local deputy police chief Samer Yousamran said. About 20 minutes later, the second bomb exploded at a bar about 50 metres away, killing a Thai food vendor.The bombs were hidden in planters on a busy street with open-fronted bars and detonated by mobile phones, according to the BBC's Jonathan Head.


BLASTS DESIGNED TO MAIM

Bangkok Post reports the "double-tap" bomb explosions went off at Soi Bintabat, near the Fah Pah intersection.
It is not clear if Australians were among the injured. News Corp Australia has contacted the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade for comment.
Municipality police chief, Pol. Colonel Sutthichai Srisopacharoenrat, said 19 people were hurt.
"Of the 19 [wounded], three are in serious condition and seven of the injured are foreigners - four women and three men," he said. Two of the injured were reportedly British.

The papaya food cart vendor positioned at the front of the beer bar was rushed to hospital after the blast, but died of her injuries.
Photos from the scene show police identifying shrapnel scattered about the street that had been packed into the bombs to maximise harm.
British tourist Mark Gainsford told the BBC he was at a nearby bar when the bombs exploded.
"I heard people shouting 'Bomb! Bomb!' but I didn't hear any blast," he said.

"I ran out to see if I could help. I saw eight to 10 people injured, on the floor. The police arrived very quickly."
Police are investigating and as yet do not know the motive or the identity of the bombers.
The explosions happened ahead of a public holiday on Friday as part of a long weekend celebrating the birthday of Queen Sirikit.
Hua Hin is a popular upscale Thai resort south of Bangkok and many people will have gone there for the holiday weekend.
In April, a British family was brutally beaten by a gang of Thai men as they left a bar in Hua Hin province.

Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade says it is in "urgent contact" with Thai authorities to determine if any Australians have been affected by the bomb attack
"Australians concerned for the welfare of family and friends who may be in the area should first attempt to contact them directly.
If you are unable to contact them and continue to have concerns you should contact the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade's 24-hour Consular Emergency Centre on 1300 555 135 within Australia or +61 6261 3305 from overseas," a statement reads.

SPATE OF ATTACKS

In a separate incident earlier on Thursday, a bomb exploded at a market in the southern Trang province in Thailand, injuring six people, police said. Police believe that explosion was related to a local dispute.
Thais voted less than a week ago in a referendum to adopt a military-backed constitution, the first test of Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha at the ballot box since he seized power in a coup in May 2014.
Hua Hin is home to a palace for years frequented by Thailand's revered King Bhumibol Adulyadej, the world's longest reigning monarch.
The 88-year-old is currently hospitalised in Bangkok for a myriad of health complications.
The blasts also come days before the one-year anniversary of the last major bombing in Thailand, an attack in the capital that killed 20 people on August 17, mostly foreign tourists.
The explosive was planted in a popular Hindu shrine in the capital and was the deadliest assault of its kind in recent history.
Thai authorities have accused two Uighur men from western China of the bombing. They have both denied involvement in the attack and their trial is set to begin later this month.
Thailand's military junta, which seized power in 2014 after a decade of at times deadly political unrest, has touted increased stability in the kingdom as a major accomplishment of its rule.
But the generals have been unable to quell a festering Islamic insurgency in the three most southern provinces - nearly 1000 kilometres away from Hua Hin.
The conflict, which is largely contained to the far south region, has blighted the kingdom for over a decade and left over 6500 people dead.

Two bombs have exploded in the popular Thai seaside resort town of Hua Hin, killing one woman and injuring 10 people, Thai police say.
Thursday's explosions happened ahead of a public holiday on Friday to mark the birthday of Queen Sirikit.
Hua Hin is a popular upscale Thai resort about 200km south of Bangkok and many people will have gone there for the holiday weekend.The second bomb exploded near a bar at about 10.20pm local time, killing a Thai woman and injuring eight foreigners and one other Thai person, local deputy police chief Samer Yousamran said.
The injured are being treated at a local hospital.
The first bomb went off about twenty minutes earlier about 50 metres away from the second bomb, he said.

The bombs were hidden in plant pots and detonated by mobile phones, the police said, according to the BBC's Jonathan Head.Nobody was injured in the first explosion.




















Police are investigating and as yet do not know the motive or the identity of the bombers, Yousamran said.
The timing suggested it might be an effort to embarrass the military government that took power two years ago.

A Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesman said the New Zealand Embassy in Bangkok had been in contact with Thai authorities and there was no information to suggest any New Zealanders had been affected by the bombing.
There are currently 512 New Zealanders registered on the government website SafeTravel as being in Thailand. The ministry had messaged all registrants.
"We are advising New Zealanders in Thailand to exercise a heightened degree of vigilance in public places, follow any instructions issued by the local authorities and monitor the media to stay informed of developments," the spokesman said.​

In a separate incident earlier on Thursday, a bomb exploded at a market in the southern Trang province in Thailand, injuring six people, police said.
Police believe that explosion was related to a local dispute.
It is common for small blasts to rock Thailand during times of heightened political tension, but there have been few such incidents in the past year and it is rare for tourist destinations to be targeted.
Hua Hin is a high-end resort town south of Bangkok that is a popular with both local and foreign tourists.
It is also home to a palace for years frequented by Thailand's revered King Bhumibol Adulyadej, the world's longest reigning monarch.
The 88-year-old is currently hospitalised in Bangkok for a myriad of health complications.
The bombings hit Hua Hin ahead of a long holiday weekend in the kingdom, with Thais set to celebrate Queen Sirikit's birthday on Friday.
The blasts also come days before the one-year anniversary of the last major bombing in Thailand, an attack in the capital that killed 20 people on August 17, mostly foreign tourists.
The explosive was planted in a popular Hindu shrine in the capital and was the deadliest assault of its kind in recent history.
Thai authorities have accused two Uighur men from western China of the bombing.
They have both denied involvement in the attack and their trial is set to begin later this month.
Thailand's military junta, which seized power in 2014 after a decade of at times deadly political unrest, has touted increased stability in the kingdom as a major accomplishment of its rule.
But the generals have been unable to quell a festering Islamic insurgency in the three most southern provinces - nearly 1000km away from Hua Hin.
The conflict, which is largely contained to the far south region, has blighted the kingdom for over a decade and left over 6500 people dead.

[Lifestyle Viral World News][combine][Lifestyle][5]

[Science Viral World News][combine][Science][5]

[Middle East Viral News][featuredpost][Middle East][10]

[African Viral World News][combine][Africa][5]

[Asian Viral News][featuredpost][Asia][10]