Fashion designer and her girlfriend die from generator fume

December 13, 2017 5:26 pm

2 persons have died after inhaling toxic fumes from an electricity generator; a fashion designer and her friend.

The corpse of Muobuikwu Uju Kate and Nkiru Anozie were discovered in the former’s shop which is located on Second East Circular road in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State on Tuesday morning, December 12.


Reports have it that Muobuikwu, had invited Anozie to help her sew some pending clothes and had turned on the generator to enable them work throughout the night.

Muobuikwu’s brother Chukwudi, confirming the sad incident said that he had received a call from his sister on Monday but could not reach her when he called back. 


“I got a call from my sister at about 2pm when she complained that her friend was getting weak. I told her to give her anointing oil. Minutes later, I put a call to her mobile phone to know the situation of things but she did not pick my call. So, I came here this morning and we invited the police to force the door open and that was it.” said Chukwudi

shared on wplocker.com