Photos: #MeToo: Aziz Ansari accused of sexual assault: He responds

January 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Fresh off of his Golden Globes win, actor/comedian Aziz Ansari has been accused of sexual assault.

In a new piece published via Babe, the woman — who chooses to be identified by the pseudonym ‘Grace’ — said she went on a date with Aziz last year when she was 22.
Their date ended with them back in Azazi’s Tribeca apartment where he repeatedly tried to force her into having sex, despite verbal and non-verbal cues she didn’t want to.
According to Billboard:
After getting together and heading into his nearby apartment in Tribeca, she claimed he almost immediately began kissing, fondling, and undressing her.

When he paused to grab a condom, Grace said she explicitly voiced her hesitation. “I said something like, ‘Woah, let’s relax for a sec, let’s chill,’” she said. Ansari disregarded this request, she said, proceeding to perform oral sex on her and then asking her to do the same for him.
Grace said she used “verbal and non-verbal cues to indicate how uncomfortable and distressed she was.”
“Most of my discomfort was expressed in me pulling away and mumbling. I know that my hand stopped moving at some points,” she told Babe. “I stopped moving my lips and turned cold.” She said she eventually managed to get an Uber home and left his apartment in tears.
The next day, Grace said she texted Ansari to be express her discomfort with the situation. “Last night might have been fun for you, [but] it wasn’t for me,” she wrote, according to screenshots provided to Babe. “You ignored clear non-verbal cues; you kept going with advances…I want to make sure you’re aware so maybe the next girl doesn’t have to cry on the ride home.” Ansari reportedly replied, “I’m so sad to hear this. Clearly, I misread things in the moment and I’m truly sorry.”
Grace said she decided to come forward after seeing Ansari wear a “Time’s Up” pin at the Golden Globes last week, where he won the award for Best Actor.

You can read Grace’s highly detailed account — complete with photo evidence — HERE.

Aziz Ansari has issued a statement in response to allegations of sexual assault by a young photographer he went on a date with last year.
In a statement emailed to HuffPost through his representative, the comedian confirmed several of the details mentioned in the published story, but said he believed a sexual encounter between the two was “completely consensual.”
“In September of last year, I met a woman at a party. We exchanged numbers. We texted back and forth and eventually went on a date. We went out to dinner, and afterwards we ended up engaging in sexual activity, which by all indications was completely consensual.
“The next day, I got a text from her saying that although ‘it may have seemed okay,’ upon further reflection, she felt uncomfortable. It was true that everything did seem okay to me, so when I heard that it was not the case for her, I was surprised and concerned. I took her words to heart and responded privately after taking the time to process what she had said.
“I continue to support the movement that is happening in our culture. It is necessary and long overdue.”

For more on the allegations against Aziz, click HERE.

shared on wplocker.com